Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What happened to Unibet.com?

Talk about getting screwed. At the IPCT's request the GC Organizers and UCI get together to work out a last minute compromise and somehow forget the fundamental issue they are supposed to be discussing: Unibet.com and Astana's exclusion from receiving an automatic invite to the GC Organizers' races on the Pro Tour calendar! Seeing as Unibet.com is NOT on the start list for Paris Nice (and Astana is in thanks to a wild card invite) it appears that nothing has really changed. Yet, the teams are now willing to show up and race. Are we to assume that nobody really cares about UCI rules or Unibet.com and that somehow the GC Organizers blackmailed the teams into supporting the so-called "compromise"? From my perspective that seems to be the case. Here is the definition of compromise that I recognize courtesy of Dictionary.com:

a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.

What a joke...

So on a different subject, I rode up Emigration Canyon today to Little Mountain via Emigration Oaks . To be honest the climb up E Pioneer Fork Rd was a bit much for my current fitness level as I was hurting pretty bad. If I didn't have a 34x26 I may have been forced to make an emergency U-turn! And to think that climb is part of Bart's daily commute home. No wonder the dude is so fast!

Since I forgot to pack my knee warmers this morning, today's ride was also my first Utah ride in shorts this year. I guess we've finally paid our dues and are now reaping the rewards of our prior suffering. Next week's forecast looks even nicer.

No comments: