Saturday, March 10, 2007

Suncrest = Pain

Did a good ride with the Team Inertia gang Saturday afternoon out to Alpine and then up & over Suncrest. You'd think at 165 pounds I could climb but no, unfortunately (for me) that isn't the case. Hopefully over the course of the year I can find a bit more speed on the uphills.

Reading Fox and stupidbike talk about the Norba race in Phoenix later this month led me to check out the course description. Turns out the cross country course is none other than a combination of the McDowell Sport, Technical and Long loops in Fountain Hills, AZ. From what I can tell from the course map the few technical sections of the Technical Loop (the two steep drops, narrow climb and rocky descent) aren't included since they all occur towards the beginning of the loop. I've ridden all three of those loops and must admit to being tempted by the thought of racing the Sport category. However, after two weeks in AZ so far this year I don't know if I can pull off another trip south. My sister-in-law has probably seen enough of me! You can check out this post for some pictures of the course.

I need to ride some dirt this week...

No comments: