Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Long Live Indian Summer

This weather is fantastic. When it comes to riding outdoors when it's cold I always go with more coverage than conditions require (knee warmers, base layer, arm warmers, etc.) which makes the fact that I rode in shorts today all the more amazing. Of course, all of the ugly hair on my legs might be providing a bit of extra insulation that I haven't had the past few late fall/winters.

For some reason I hate seeing hair on my legs when I ride but given my plan to avoid the trainer at all costs this winter I figured I might as well let it go. What I didn't expect was to be riding outside in shorts on October 28th! Oh well, the visual distress I experienced today was more than made up for by the sweet trails. Dry Creek to City Creek has got to be one of the best sections of trail within 10 minutes of a major city's downtown. Up E Street to 11th Ave and I'm climbing Dry Creek before I've had a chance to warm up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was beginning to wonder if you were still alive. Your posts stopped for a whopping five days!

I sat in the house or car most of the day wishing I was out riding.

Gonna hit BCC in the morning.

KanyonKris said...

Visual distress? Go see a psychiatrist and make him famous when he publishes a paper on this new "cyclist repulsed by own leg hair" disorder. ;-)

But I agree, the weather has been nice to us lately.

Anonymous said...

Kris, just because you're not repulsed by your own leg hair doesn't mean the rest of us aren't. The solution to leg hair is baggy shorts. For some reason leg hair with baggy shorts looks ok, but when you're wearing tight lycra and have hairy legs? Ew.