Friday, October 17, 2008

Don't Tread on Me!



I saw this little guy on my lunch ride today on the way up to the City Creek radio towers. He was doing his best to look tough and from the picture you can see he was doing a good job. At only a foot long his rattle was small so it didn't make much noise though that didn't stop him from shaking it non-stop until I rode away.

I really enjoy this section of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. It's narrow, rocky and I have yet to encounter another mountain biker. Today was my third time riding this section and for the first time I saw other people: 1 trail runner and 2 hikers. I still haven't made it all the way up without putting a foot down. Today I dabbed coming out of the last steep, loose switchback as you transition from City Creek Canyon to the ridge above the neighborhood.



The weather was awesome and I wished I had more time to keep riding. With an elevation gain of 1,650 feet in 5.5 miles it was a good, hard effort. Too bad the valley is full of gunk as the views were sweet.



1 comment:

IamMatt said...

I enjoy this ride as well. Id like to ride up behind the towers and do some exploring behind them. I need to get back up there before it gets to be too cold and snowy