Friday, October 3, 2008

Boise Riding: Corrals & Hulls Gulch



My brother and I snuck out for a quick ride on the classic Corrals and Hulls Gulch trails late in the afternoon. After driving up from Riverton earlier in the day it felt good to get out and stretch the legs!

We started & finished at Camelsback Park, riding 2 miles up Bogus Basin Road before turning onto the dirt. I was on the single speed and had a blast. The descent down Hulls Gulch was fun but had enough rocks, sidehill and sand over hardpack to keep me on my toes. I'm an average downhiller on my full suspension so you can imagine how I am on the rigid!

Ride time was 1:23 and we gained 1,765 feet of elevation according to the Suunto T6.

Upon returning to my parent's home we found ourselves in the midst of final dinner preparations. And what a dinner it was: Oven roasted turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, rolls, corn on the cob and a tray of raw veggies. All homemade and all delicious. A mini Thanksgiving dinner in October!

Pie Tracker: Raspberry



2 comments:

Jess Thomson said...

Hey,

I'm a native Boisean writing an article for a magazine on biking in Boise, and I'm trying to find a bit more info about the Corrals ride - like if there are good visual clues for trail turns, etc. Would you mind emailing me off-blog if you're able/interested in helping me?

Thanks,
Jess

UtRider said...

Sure - Just send me an email using the link in my sidebar.