Saturday, November 3, 2007

Easy Rider

Maybe I should rename my blog to 'Easy Rider' instead of 'UtRider' since all I seem capable of doing lately is riding easy! Of course, it's November and given that my first race of 2008 won't be until March I suppose I have plenty of time to work on riding faster.

After arriving home late Monday night following the drive back from Moab, I woke up Tuesday morning feeling like I was coming down with a cold: The classic scratchy throat and headache. Both kids have had runny noses for a while so looking back I suppose it was inevitable that sooner or later I would too. So I stayed off the bike for a few days which, I might add, was difficult to do given the fantastic weather we've been enjoying. Well, yesterday I couldn't take any more rest and asked Kris if he was interested in an easy ride on the Draper trails after work. Since he'd already ridden at lunch with Todd and Mike from the UMB.com team I figured he'd be sufficiently fatigued to enjoy rolling at a mellow pace. He was good to go so we cruised around on the trails for 90 minutes Friday evening. Today I wanted to ride with Cami in order to keep the mellow theme going so we rode for 2 hours up Yellow Fork canyon with another couple from the neighborhood. Surprisingly horse traffic was minimal and even the dreaded "green mud" was relatively sparse on the trails. Good times and I'm actually starting to feel like I'm recovering from the cold.

I'm going to follow Bart's lead and clean out my garage so look for a Garage Sale post in the upcoming days. Also, if anybody knows of a used full suspension mountain bike (preferably a size Large but depending on the geometry a Medium might also work) in good condition with at least XT level components for sale in the $1,000 - $2,000 price range let me know. My AZ brother is looking to buy a bike and has asked me to act as consultant. If you know of anything either leave a comment or send me an email (just click the link in the sidebar).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At this time of the year, it is all easy .. or hard ... whatever your feel like. No heart rate monitors allowed. Enjoy it. There'll be plenty of time to beat yourself senseless soon enough!

JT