Friday, June 8, 2007

Deer Valley Pre-ride

Originally I'd planned to ride the course at lunch today but was scared off by reports of mud. Fox decided to go up anyway and had room in his van so I went up with him. It was a good call as there was NO mud to be found on the course. The trail itself is good, especially the first long downhill section. There are some tricky switchbacks on the second climbing section and even more on the following descent but overall the course was a lot of fun to ride. Not sure how it will feel at race pace (though to be honest I was riding pretty hard trying not to fall too far behind Fox and Aaron) and after yesterday's 2 hours on the shoreline my legs felt tired today but I think I'll give it a shot anyway. At this point I'm undecided whether to race Sport or do one last race in Beginner. If my legs were fresh I'd go Sport but given how they felt today I may opt for Beginner and go Sport at Solitude.

I need to start riding with my camera again as my posts are pretty boring without pictures. I'll try to do better next week.

No comments: