Monday, April 23, 2007

PowerStarts & Going Big

I did a bunch of PowerStarts on today's ride. They're actually pretty fun to do and given the wind this afternoon it was a nice workout. The new saddle was good though I may need to tweak the fore/aft position a bit. However, I'm going to give it another ride or two before I make a change. It seems that no matter how many measurements I take of the old saddle I can never completely recreate my previous position.

Tomorrow evening I'm riding up Emigration to Big Mountain with Kris. If anybody else wants to join us shoot me an email (use the link under Contact Info to the right). Hopefully the forecast is correct and the rain, clouds, and wind will move out tonight. Unfortunately, sudden weather changes are the norm in Utah this time of year. It's not uncommon to go from sun and temperatures in the 70's to rain/sleet/snow with gusty winds and temps in the high 40's to low 50's. Case in point: The last few days we've had scattered showers, wind and temperatures in the low 50's. This weekend we're looking to hit 80 under sunny skies. Throw in a healthy dose of airborne allergens and you've got spring in Utah. Good times for sure.

No comments: