Monday, April 9, 2007

Dry Creek to City Creek

Another quick lunch ride today on the dirt. I finally managed to find my way to the City Creek singletrack and enjoyed the change of scenery. The trail is quite rocky in sections which was fun to ride. I did have some trouble navigating the two tight switchbacks (the first of which is pictured below). I need to develop better balance on the bike. One of these days I'm going to do this ride in reverse and climb up from City Creek and drop down Dry Creek.

After the ride I dropped my bike off at Contender for some annual maintenance and to be fitted with new UST tires (I don't have a compressor). I was going to buy another pair of Hutchinsons since my current pair (Pythons) have performed well. However, Reed recommended I try either the Maxxis Ignitors or Continental Explorers as I wanted something with a little more bite. I put a pair of Maxxis Courchevels on my Ksyriums last night so I decided to go with the Ignitor. Now I'm rolling Maxxis rubber on both the road & dirt.



No comments: