Monday, January 14, 2008

Not sure how they do it...



So I was doing a bit of surfing this evening, checking out the latest goings on in the world of Utah cycling, when it struck me: I really, really suck at riding my bike indoors. In the space of a few minutes I read about guys going for 2, 3, 4, even 6+ hours. Such behavior is just plain crazy in my book, but if you're into that sort of thing check out the details below:

- Todd does a "hard" 2 hours
- DH grinds for 2.5 hours
- Sohm knocks out 3 hours
- JE spins 4 hours
- Fatty brings home the gold with 6+ hours

What's the secret guys? Though, to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I really want to know...

6 comments:

Piotrek said...

I think the key is to make them hard enough to where you're too busy suffering to be bored. Sorry, probably not the answer you're looking for.

Anonymous said...

They're all dumb. That's all there is to it. Don't do it! I can tell you're thinking about it.

Eat Sleep MTB said...

Piotrek is correct. I have never seen a clock fly like the rest time between intervals!

Utah Mnt biker said...

This would be brutal.

Saints & Spinners - The 24 hour Spin Party and Benefit
Friday, January 18, 2008 7:00 AM
to Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:00 AM
Grand Central Terminal - Vanderbilt Hall (42nd Street between Park Avenue and Lexington Avenue)
New York , NY

Unknown said...

What's the secret? A crotch made of steel and just enough young children where spinning indoors for four hours sounds like an escape from normal.

Unknown said...

And, for what it's worth, I will be in the gym every Friday until the weather is better doing a two hour ride.

Saturdays, until the weather turns better, are designated as triathlon days -- 60 minutes in the pool, 60 minutes on the bike and a 5k run.

I really want the weather to turn good so I can use my Fridays (the wife's day off, giving me a babysitter/taxi driver) for a free morning of riding outside.