Sunday, January 13, 2008

Almost There

My downhill skis are tuned and the bindings adjusted for my current weight. All that remains is to pick them up and head up a canyon. Maybe tomorrow afternoon but probably not until Tuesday (ski free at Alta after 3 baby).

This past Friday night I picked up some new gear:

- Ski goggles
- Petzl Tikka XP headlamp
- Downhill ski poles
- XC ski poles
- XC skis
- Socks
- XC ski boots (on order)

Hopefully my xc boots will arrive this week so I can do another night run up Millcreek.

On Saturday I messed around on my mountain bike, riding some canal roads and the Riverton/Bluffdale section of the Jordan River Parkway trail between 12300 South and 14400 South. Surprisingly most of the trail was clear of snow which was a bummer as I was looking forward to riding on the white stuff. I must admit to feeling better about winter now that I'm actually doing something with the snow. Of course, that doesn't keep me from wishing I was down south logging the big hours with the participants of Camp Lynda! Of course, I'm kidding myself to think I could be pounding out 50+ mile days on the dirt in January.

No comments: