Friday, January 5, 2007

Desert Classic

This morning my brother and I rode the Desert Classic trail at South Mountain. It was rolling singletrack that dropped in and out of several steep washes. The riding wasn't technical, though a bit rocky in sections, which allowed me to shift into the big ring for extended periods of time. I overshot a few corners into some loose sand which almost caused me to hit a bush but kept it upright and continued rolling.

Tomorrow I'll ride the competitive tracks at McDowell Mountain again. Of all the rides I've done this trip the long track is my favorite. My road bike is feeling neglected but when I'm back in February I'll show it more love.

This morning it rained during the drive to the trailhead but dried up quickly and now it's sunny and 60.

No comments: