Saturday, May 26, 2007

Draper Pre-Ride #4

Ok, first I want to apologize for the boring content as of late. After Monday I promise not to ride the Draper trails for the rest of the year!

I tagged along with the Revolution ride this morning and got worked over pretty good by the guys who were just taking it easy. It pretty much sucks watching a group of guys riding easy, chatting with each other up ahead while you're hurting with a heart rate in the 180's back behind. Oh well, I guess it's experiences like today that will eventually make me stronger. Fox gave me some tips on the downhill that I'll be working to integrate into my riding going forward. Not sure I would have believed it's possible to ride easy in the big ring until today. Let's just say that he's going to make it hurt on Monday.

Speaking of pain, my good friend Goat spent 16:05.35 in the pain cave yesterday during the Stage 1 TT at the Edgar Soto Memorial race in Nashville, TN. Oh yeah, his time was good enough for 6th out of 88 racers in his first major race as a Cat 3. Pretty impressive to say the least. Crazy to think I could actually keep up with him (as long as we weren't climbing!) when we were kids.

No comments: