Friday, May 4, 2007

5-Mile Pre-ride

Lots of people told me that the course at 5-Mile Pass wouldn't get muddy with all the rain we've had the past 2 days. Well, I wanted to see it for myself so I drove out this evening and rode an easy lap, finishing just as the sun went down. All I can say is everybody who said the course would be fine was telling the truth. There were a few puddles to dodge but other than that I only really noticed mud while hiking Yellow Page Hill and on the lower section of the long downhill run after 7-Mile Hill. However, in both cases the mud didn't really stick and my bike came out of the ride in basically the same condition it started in. I even took a picture in case you didn't believe me!

The course was fun but I'm still undecided about racing. My lap time was 1:12 and while I took it easy, I don't know if I can ride it 20 minutes faster. Looking at last year's results for Beginner 30-39 the winning time was 52:41 with 5th place at 57:51.

No comments: