Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Dirt & a Burger for Lunch

I extended the standard lunch ride by continuing north on the BST after dropping into City Creek. I've been curious about the trail on the west side of the road so today I just crossed the road and kept riding. Due to time constraints I had to turn around about a 1/4 mile past the Ensign Peak fork. As much as I like climbing Dry Creek I may need to explore this area for the next couple of weeks. Speaking of Dry Creek, I think I'm ready to ditch the 32x32 and kick it up another notch. However, I'm not sure if I have the leg to roll the 32x28 so I may pick up an XT 11-34 or XTR 12-34 so I can graduate to the 32x30.

After the ride I walked to Cannella's for a burger and pasta salad. I know it sounds odd to get a burger from an Italian restaurant but once you've tried one you'll understand. Oh yeah, I also picked up a slice of chocolate beet cake to eat later tonight. That stuff is evil. I never should have given in to my curiosity and tried it 'cause now I order a slice to go at least once a week. Remember my post about being a pig? Well, it's still true...





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long is your lunch break??

Guess what... I forgot the bike. Try again tommorrow.

RB

IamMatt said...

Yeah what he said... and when is it normally taken.

Anonymous said...

So, did you get past the switchbacks on the descent into City Creek this time?

UtRider said...

Ok, but please keep in mind that the information I am about to share is highly confidential... :)

Lunch varies day-to-day and based on current weather conditions. It also depends on what is going on at work (meetings, deadlines, etc.). Occasionally I will go "out" to lunch for as long as 2.5 hours. However, the average is probably 60-90 minutes. Keep in mind that I don't ride every day during lunch as such flexibility is not to be abused. Probably 1-2 days a week is all.

Having the company's CEO as your manager is also nice, especially considering he allows me to spend a week in February operating remotely at my brother's home in Phoenix. As long as the work gets done and I continue to make myself available at all hours of the day (or night) when issues arise, there is no problem with active lunches!

UtRider said...

JT - No luck on the switchbacks yet. Fox said he'd show me some tricks so hopefully I'll be riding them soon.

UtRider said...

One other thing: I ordered the food to go after the ride and ate at my desk while I worked.

(Folks are going to mistake me for RB, adding so many comments to my original post)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so let us all know when you are hiring.

Forrest said...

Work hard, play hard is my motto

http://forrestgladding.blogspot.com/2007/02/work-hard-play-hard.html#links