Thursday, May 21, 2009

Draper Social







I rode the Draper ICUP course this evening with Doug and Erich from Team Revolution. Not only were they a blast to ride with but both of them timed themselves up Clarks so I was able to post two new results to the official tt blog. I mention the time trial to most people I meet on the trail and in the Equestrian Center parking lot. They probably wonder who I am and why I care so much about the tt, but I figure most of the site's publicity comes via word of mouth so why not open mine and let people know it's out there if they want to give it a go. So far there have been 23 results submitted in 2009 for men and 2 for women. Given that Clarks has been open just over a month I'd say we're off to a nice start. I wonder if anybody will beat Bart's record 8:58 from last year?

The course was fun and we saw lots of racers out pre-riding which is a good thing as it's going to be a real challenge on race day. Not so much because it's a technical course (which it's really not), but rather because it's very, very fast. What's so difficult about fast you ask? Well, the trail surface is quite slippery. There are also a number of tight corners that tend to sneak up on you. And the trail is quite narrow in spots. Oh, and there's also a fair amount of exposure. Like I said, it's a fun course!

Speaking of fast, I wish there was a way to time people as they climb Clarks as I'm sure there will be some very quick times coming out of all categories.

No comments: