Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sprint finish?!

Well, my hopes of Fantasy Cycling glory are probably over after today's stage 5 of the Vuelta. Here's the profile of the stage:



Am I an idiot or does that not look like a stage to be contested by a breakaway or the GC riders? I guess the former is true and I'm an idiot since I picked my GC riders for the stage only to discover that it was contested by the sprinters! Here's the top 10:

1 Oscar Freire (Spa) Rabobank
2 Daniele Bennati (Ita) Lampre-Fondital
3 Paolo Bettini (Quick.Step - Innergetic)
4 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) Française Des Jeux
5 Erik Zabel (Ger) Milram
6 Leonardo Duque (Col) Cofidis
7 Xavier Florencio (Spa) Bouygues Telecom
8 Josep Jufré (Spa) Predictor-Lotto
9 Rene Mandri (Est) Ag2r Prévoyance
10 David Garcia (Spa) Karpin-Galicia

Of those I have Freire, Bennati, Zabel and Duque on my team but didn't select any of them for today's stage. So not only am I a poor DS but I probably lost any hope of placing in the overall competition this year.

No comments: