Thursday, September 6, 2007

BST



Normally I only ride the BST on Salt Lake's north bench in the spring and fall. However, with the arrival of a cold front yesterday our high temperature today was only in the mid 70's. Funny how that's all it took to put me in the mood to ride the BST. My choice turned out to be ideal as I wasn't able to leave the office until after 6 pm so by the time I hit the trail there wasn't a lot of daylight left. Ten miles and a little over an hour later I was back at my car which I'd parked along 11th Ave. I went up Dry Creek and came down City Creek. As far as the scenery goes this ride is much better in the spring. Besides the dry grass and bushes there were TONS of little gnats in the air. The trail was rockier than I remember and I even saw a Tarantula. Yet, I loved the ride. It was perfect for the time I had available and what's not to love about hammering The Wall in the middle ring while 3 other riders finished their walk up!



Oh yeah, I also picked up my road bike from Contender after a small upgrade. Tomorrow I'm planning to head up City Creek and get to know my new 2008 Madone Black frame. Look for pictures in the near future. It's probably one of the only '08 Madones built with SRAM Rival on the road right now.

8 comments:

goat said...

>> my new 2008 Madone Black frame

What?!

KanyonKris said...

goat, he needs an intervention ASAP. His upgrade-itis is completely out of control. He's in denial - wouldn't even tell me how much the frame cost. I hear he's got his kids running a lemonade stand 24/7 to support his habit. Fly out as soon as you can. I'll pickup a copy of the 12 step book today.

Eat Sleep MTB said...

You @$$

Forrest said...

Trek upgrade, thats not possible, its hard to go from worst to worser! :)

UtRider said...

Where's the love?!

Eat Sleep MTB said...

I used to have an old Trek 5200, I loved it, and sold it on EBay for 40% less than I bought it for, and it was 7 years old, Yah.

Bike Envy.

Forrest said...

I read this today, you may get a chuckle from it.

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2007/09/new-road-bike-owners-bill-of-rights.html

StupidBike said...

I have a 6 year old 5200 frame that will be on the selling block as soon as my new bar and seat post arrive.