Saturday, September 8, 2007

Timpanogos Perimeter

Today Kris and I rode from the Timpanooke trailhead (American Fork Canyon) to his home in Orem via a myriad of trails. We probably spent more time on the Great Western Trail than any other as we worked our way around Mount Timpanogos to Provo Canyon. I'll let him fill in the details of our route (his ride description is excellent) which saw us hiking almost as much as we were riding. Well, maybe the ratio wasn't really 50/50 but it sure seemed like we spent a lot of time pushing our bikes up steep, rocky trails! Don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic ride and the next time Kris says the route is a bit "rugged" I'll know what to expect. Enjoy the pictures as they tell the story in more detail that I could produce with words. They're in chronological order but not necessarily directionally accurate (i.e. I took quite a few shots looking back over the trail we had just covered).









































4 comments:

Eat Sleep MTB said...

Nice pics, I didn't think there would be that much hiking on that trail, unless you got "adobe wheel" from the mud and grass.

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

ya nice pics, lets ride it at 2am

Anonymous said...

They say, a picture is worth a thousand words, I'd say you have about 21,000 happening.

Nice ride, wish I was there.

MC

KanyonKris said...

My write-up of the ride.

UTRider exaggerated the off-bike time. It was more like 10-20%, but push-a-bike is not as fun as riding so it seems long. No adobe wheel action this time - the trails were in great shape, except for being chewed up from motorcycle traffic.