Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pima Dynamite

I learned one thing today: Desert singletrack + motorcycles = sand. The theme of today's ride was SAND. Luckily 95% of the trail/road was rideable but the remaining 5% was deep, soft, hike-a-bike in the sand. The next time I ride this network I need to tag along with somebody who's ridden it before. The singletrack I did ride was fun and different than anything I've ridden before: Lots of ups and downs on and through fields of huge granite boulders on a narrow, sandy/crushed granite base.

A couple of times I popped out into a neighborhood to escape the sand. The last time, as I was making my way back to Dynamite Road, I ended up riding a street named after me. Seems like everybody who lives on my street should pay me a royalty for the use of my name!


primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

pima and dynamite, north bound cave creek area.

equals 200 miles of motorcycyle tracks and 1 track.

whoops and decomposed granite.


Eat Sleep MTB said...

There is a town in England called Toddington, where are my royalties?