Sunday, February 25, 2007

Phoenix Wrapup

I arrived home last night just before 12 am after an uneventful journey. Total drive time was 10:40 for 650 miles, a big improvement over the trip down Monday! Before heading out Saturday afternoon I rode 1:30 on Trail 100 with my brother. On Friday, my brother and I rode 2:30 at McDowell, hitting the same trails as Thursday. For the week I ended up with 12:30 total ride time in 5 days and 6 rides, all but 1 of which were on the mountain bike. Next trip I don't think I'll bother taking the road bike. I was surprised that my legs felt good each day and feel this is partly due to the fact that I was diligent in consuming a quality recovery drink immediately after each ride: Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk. The cool thing about the Horizon milk is that it doesn't need to be refrigerated, making it super easy to pack and drink as soon as you finish a ride. It tastes good warm or cold and is a quick & easy way to put down 180 calories with 27g of simple carbs and 8g of protein.

No comments: