Monday, February 11, 2008

I-80 Frontage Road to the Marina



I revisted a classic this afternoon by riding from 5600 W to the Marina and back along the I-80 frontage road for lunch. I passed a semi heading out which was funny since I wasn't riding very fast. New drivers train on the frontage road and man do they drive SLOW.

The big tower at the Kennecott facility always reminds me of something from the Lord of the Rings.



What's the best route to get from downtown to 5600 West? I feel lame driving out to ride but must admit to being a bit intimidated by the west side. I know people ride out there all the time since RMR is on the way so if you don't mind sharing your route(s) it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I no longer hate you.

I did 30 miles this afternoon when my oldest got back from school.

It was just the simple loop around the prison and back up 1300 West to Murray. but felt soooooo good to ride.

As for the route to the marina, I think 1700 South has a clear bike lane/frontage road out to about Bangerter.

Team Rico said...

North Temple go into the airport path or you can take 4th south through back roads all the way to 5600w. Come ride with our lunch crew 12:10 1137s 3800w

Anonymous said...

One of these days I'm going to have to bring this Cat 5 porcster out to that ride and just try my best to hang on to the back of the gang.