Thursday, February 7, 2008

XC Skiing at Mountain Dell



Last night I skied Mountain Dell for the first time and really enjoyed the trails, together with an armada of skate skiers! You see, I came to discover that Wednesday evening Wild Rose and TUNA put on a fun race (which I didn't participate in...) that, if last night is any indication, seems to be quite popular. I felt a little out of place amongst all the fast, skilled skate skiers but thankfully everybody was friendly and didn't poke fun at my beginner technique. I was held up at work so Kris ended up arriving earlier than me and decided to give the race a go. It was a tough 2 laps for him as he was one of only a few racers on traditional xc gear. The dude is a glutton for punishment! We met up after his race as I finished my first lap and decided to head out for another. It was good to get out and enjoy the snow as lately I've found myself growing increasingly grumpy about the weather.



No comments: