Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tagged

So a few days ago I was tagged by Bob to post 5 things people don't know about me. Since then I've been trying to come up with something relatively interesting and, while I've probably failed, this is the best I could manage:

1. I speak Portuguese. Well, at least I did 13 years ago when I served a Church mission to Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.

2. When I was a teenager my friends and I had a thing for mooning. Once we climbed to the top of a local McDonald's and mooned the people driving by. I also recall an on-the-bike moon I performed for an older couple out for a leisurely evening ride. Pretty juvenile I know, but I'll bet that's news to everybody but Goat (who participated in both events).

3. I have a BS in Conservation Biology from BYU and have worked in the software industry since graduating in 1998.

4. My final winter semester at BYU I had a season ski pass to Sundance. My last class was a 1 credit hour Organic Chemistry lab. I knew that I had enough points for a C grade regardless of what I scored on the final exam which was to be adminstered in the testing center. So, upon waking to a powder day, I took the test in my ski clothes, marking the multiple choice selections randomly, scored a 0% and was out the door and on my way to Sundance less than 5 minutes after I entered!

5. I made a deal with my wife that if I could purchase a mountain bike I'd be agreeable to our having another baby. Those of you with wives will recognize this as more of a favor granted to me than anything else. One thing I have learned after 10 years of marriage is that when my wife decides that she really wants something, she inevitably gets it! So far it's been 2 years and she has yet to cash in my promise. However, it's looking like 2008 could be the year...

Alright, let's see if Kris, Goat, JE, Piotr and RB can come up with anything good.

5 comments:

Piotrek said...

I'll work on it, but "anything good" is kinda relative here. I hope I don't disappoint.

Unknown said...

me too. I'm really not very interesting. Quite boring to tell you the truth.

I'll post tomorrow, though.

Unknown said...

Here's the trick: Get the old snip-snip and tell her you're willing to try every day for as long as it takes.

then ride your bike.

oh, and I posted my list

KanyonKris said...

JE, that's pretty evil - I like it! ;-)

My 5 are up as well. See how much pull you have, UTRider? :-)

David said...

Number two and number five made me roar.