Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day in Park City

The past two years I've ridden Park City's Mid-Mountain trail on the 4th of July. Both years I've been lucky to ride in cool temperatures under cloudy skies which presents a welcome relief from the heat of the Salt Lake valley. Today I even rode for a few minutes in the rain - while the sun was out! The moisture made the already damp & tacky trails even better. Seriously, conditions couldn't have been much better. The seemingly neverending rain we've experienced this past month can get a bit tiresome, but it sure makes the forest lush and green. I'll take rain over dusty trails any day!

Normally I start from Park City Mountain Resort but today I decided to park at The Canyons and ride the pavement as a warm-up. This made the fun little grunt up Spiro much more enjoyable as doing this climb with cold legs hurts. It was then all Mid-Mountain goodness until I descended Holleys trail back to the car.













No comments: