Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Can't Resist

I woke up this morning to a text message from the Utah Sheriff's Department alerting me to the fact that Big & Little Cottonwood Canyons were limited to 4x4 vehicles or chains. What? The forecast storm was supposed to produce less than 1" of new snow overnight... I quickly checked the snow report for Brighton and what do you know, they reported 8" overnight. Knowing Brighton (notorious for under reporting new snow accumulation) I figured this was a day that couldn't be missed. Sure, tomorrow is my birthday, I'm taking the day off, and there should be at least another foot on the ground between now and then but hey, when you get a bonus like this it can't be ignored. Especially when it's the end of March!

I'll see you on the Milly Express in about 1 hour...

2 comments:

Blackdog said...

Happy B Day tomorrow. Sounds like a nice way to pre celebrate. I still have about 20 something days at the Bird. Guess I will roll those over.

Bike Junkie said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow. Hopefully there will be more snow up the canyon tomorrow for some great spring birthday skiing.