Friday, March 23, 2007

Shredding the Couch

I believe I mentioned in a post last fall that when my kids get sick, I inevitably get sick. Unfortunately I was reminded of that reality this week...

This past Sunday night/early Monday morning, my 4 year old daughter started vomiting and spent Monday lying around the house. Tuesday morning she was back to normal. Classic 24 hour stomach bug. At the time I didn't think much of it other than the normal worry and symphathy you feel for a sick child. That is until Wednesday evening when the nausea and stomach pain started for me! Chills and body aches followed that night and instead of hitting Corner Canyon after work on Thursday I spent the day sleeping and riding the couch. Not fun but hey, at least it only lasted 24 hours. Today I felt much better and went to work with the intention of riding some trails this evening. Well, reason got the better of me (Sly's post about recovery was brilliantly timed) and I decided to take another day off to ensure I was ready to ride this weekend. It just kills me to lose two days of good weather knowing that cold and rain are forecast for next week.

No comments: