Saturday, November 25, 2006

Can you believe it?!

Amazing game. I thought BYU was done when they all but disappeared in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but somehow they pulled it together and stole the game. 33-31 BYU. Incredible.

The last two days have been good on the bike. After my near bonk on Thursday I wasn't sure how I would feel but both days the legs were good. I rode 90 minutes each day which brings my weekly total to 8.5 hours. That may not seem like much but it's more than I've ridden in a week for at least 2 months. I've been riding the rural roads northeast of Boise, heading to Caldwell yesterday and a loop through Star today. My cousin Brian tagged along today and rode strong seeing as it was his first time on the bike in more than a month. Of course, this is the same guy who ran a 3:13 marathon 2 years ago after training for a week! Needless to say he is gifted physically.

I was taking pictures of the kids at my grandparents in Caldwell yesterday and had to take a few of the bike too.


6 comments:

Stormin' said...

Nice bike. How do you like the trek? I just got one and I am really likeing it. They ride smooth.

UtRider said...

I've ridden it for 3 years now and it's been great. This fall I had an SRAM Rival drivetrain installed which I really like. After that work was done I asked the guys at Contender to weigh it and was pleased to see 16.7 pounds on the digital scale. The OCLV frames are light and like you said very smooth.

Anonymous said...

Why is your seat so far back?

RB

Anonymous said...

and why aren't I linked here?
RB

UtRider said...

I see a link to your site... :)

Regarding the saddle position, when you asked me the same question last winter I moved it forward about 1 cm but always had pain in the front of my knees. I tried raising the saddle but the pain persisted. So, I started moving it back, and ended up with the current position which is still about 3 mm farther forward than where I started. When I was fit by Dr. Testa he said that the angle of my knees looked good and didn't change my fore/aft so I'm assuming it's ok.

Anonymous said...

I will bow to his knowledge and say you must be a'ight. I just looks really far back like you are gonna skin your bum on the rear wheel.
Thanks,
RB