Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why Go Tubeless?

Kris and I took a short off trail detour to check out the action at the Draper Flight Park. Unfortunately our route took us right through the middle of Goathead City. Both of us emerged with 5-10 thorns in each tire. This is when the object lesson began. I plucked the thorns out of both tires, spun around in circles for a minute or two and was ready to go. Yes, I was running a tubeless setup with Stans. Kris, on the other hand, was not. I'll let the pictures tell his story. I should note that since I started riding a mountain bike in 2006 I have yet to experience a flat tire - and I ride a lot. That's nearly 2.5 years without a single flat tire. Why would anybody run a traditional setup with tubes? I have no idea...



3 comments:

KanyonKris said...

Thanks for the shame-otivation. Going tubeless is one of my goals for this year, and after today's ride it's moved up in priority. I'm sick of tubes.

Andy H. said...

At least he's still smiling. I'd be cussing!

KanyonKris said...

I was smiling because I looked up to see Mark with the camera and knew it was so for the blog, where I would be mocked for my Luddite ways.