Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Doubling Up

Logged 2 hours on the road bike at lunch today followed by 1.5 on the dirt with my brother this evening. On the road I did a 36 mile loop to Scottsdale via Union Hills, Cave Creek, Lone Mountain, Pima and Jomax. My legs felt good but I tried to just ride tempo since I was coming off a horrendous travel day. Average heart rate for the 2 hours was 150.

On the dirt we rode sections of the Hawes, Ridge, Mine and Saguaro trails accessed from Power road. I always feel a bit uncomfortable on the mountain bike during my first ride and today was no exception. I'm trying to decide whether to burn some laps at McDowell tomorrow or hit the road bike again. With work in the morning I'll only be able to get in one ride. Tomorrow night steak is on the menu courtesy of my brother's father-in-law followed by some time in the hot tub. Should be a good day...

No comments: